Woodridge Software is a team of 50+ developers and designers that build complicated custom mobile and web applications for enterprises across a diverse set of industries including Financial Services, Healthcare, Cybersecurity, Education, Non-Profits, Cleantech, and Government. At Woodridge, you’ll enjoy the variety that comes with working for a consulting firm, the stimulation of working with smart colleagues, and the work/life balance that comes with not working on evenings and weekends. Our employees value the different technologies they get to work with and the varied client base. We are located right off I-70 in Golden.
The role of the Business Analyst at Woodridge is to bridge the gap between the client’s requirements and the software solution being delivered. Working with client’s business representatives and other Woodridge team members to ensure the scope of work in terms of requirement definitions are properly defined and baselined in order to help deliver a successful project
- Conduct interviews to gather customer requirements via workshops, questionnaires, surveys, site visits, workflow storyboards, use cases, scenarios, and other methods.
- Develop a rich understanding of the client’s broad goals and collaborate with internal teams to offer feature recommendations and prioritize work.
- Apply comprehensive experience in all phases of the project life cycle, starting with feasibility studies, requirements definition, and estimating and contributing through execution (design, development, and go-live).
- Establish scope and parameters of requirements analysis on a project-by-project basis to define project impact, outcome criteria, and metrics.
- Develop and document a suite of best practices that ensure repeatable processes across the project portfolio.
- Advise and and maintain early warning systems to help ensure that projects stay on track and on budget.
- Support the Technical Delivery team with definition of the solution design and technical delivery elements.
- For in-flight projects, continue to identify activities as “in-scope” or as “new scope.”
- Ensure client satisfaction while managing expectations and staying true to minimum viable product and core project goals.
- Leverage excellent communication skills and act as a liaison between internal teams (sales, project management, engineering).
- Contribute to Jira activities such as project setup, authoring stories, sprint grooming, and tracking epics.
- Collaborate with the Project Management team to analyze project status and ensure that projects are delivered on time and under budget.
- Other activities as assigned.
- 5+ years experience working in relevant environments (i.e., technical change management using SDLC methodology and/or Digital Business Analysis)
- Experience working in relevant markets; financial services experience a plus
- A track record of constantly looking for ways to do things better and an excellent understanding of the mechanism necessary to successfully implement change within the context of project budgets
- Ability to build effective networks both internally and externally and create opportunities for others to work collaboratively
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills; an ability to communicate with impact, ensuring complex information is articulated in a meaningful way to wide and varied audiences
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, Agile Software Development environment
- Role relevant qualifications (i.e., Six Sigma, ISEB Diploma in Business Analysis, Certified Business Analysis Professional (CBAP) is desirable but not essential)
- Minimum education: BA/BS Degree
We work hard to have a good time both in and out of the office. Some of the perks include:
- Catered team lunch every Friday
- Monthly Burger Councils
- Quarterly team-building event (e.g. go-karting, laser tag, skiing, disc golf, indoor skydiving)
- 18 vacation days the first year, 21 vacation days the second year, 25 after three years
- Work from home and remote work situations considered (all employees currently working remotely due to COVID)
- Kitchen stocked with snacks, drinks, etc.
- Reasonable weekly hours target
In the past year, Woodridge has won several awards that illustrate our high growth and great company culture.
- An Inc. 5000 Fastest-Growing Company in America
- Colorado Companies to Watch Winner
- COBiz Top Woman-Owned Company
- COBiz Top Software Company Winner
- DBJ Fast 50 Winner
- DBJ Best Places to Work
This is a full-time, salaried position, not an hourly or contract position.
All candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States (no sponsorship available)