Business Analyst at Woodridge Software
Woodridge Software is a team of 50+ developers and designers that build complicated custom mobile and web applications for enterprises across a diverse set of industries including Financial Services, Healthcare, Cybersecurity, Education, Non-Profits, Cleantech, and Government. At Woodridge, you’ll enjoy the variety that comes with working for a consulting firm and the stimulation of working with smart colleagues. Our employees value the different technologies they get to work with and the varied client base. We are located right off I-70 in Golden.
The role of the Business Analyst (BA) at Woodridge is to bridge the gap between the client’s requirements and the software solution being delivered. In this role, you will perform the duties of a digital business analyst, working to support front end development and user experiences. Typical work includes detailed requirements analysis, documenting user stories and acceptance criteria in Jira, prioritizing work, and helping foster smooth no-drama project execution. To succeed in this role you should have a natural analytical way of thinking and be able to explain difficult concepts to non-technical users.
- Gather customer requirements via interviews, written questionnaires, site visits, workflow storyboards, forms designs, and other methods.
- Apply comprehensive experience in all phases of the project life cycle starting with feasibility studies, requirements definition, and estimating and contributing through execution (design, development, and go-live).
- Develop a rich understanding of the client’s goals; generate lists of front end features that need to be developed in order to create the intended digital customer experiences.
- Author user stories and acceptance criteria to drive the Design and Engineering Team workloads.
- Identify feature requests and changes as “in-scope” or as “new scope” for in-flight projects.
- Ensure client satisfaction while managing expectations and staying true to minimum viable product and core project goals. Capture nice-to-haves in a backlog for future project work.
- Manage project delivery in Jira: set up projects, author user stories and acceptance criteria, groom the backlog of activities, plan sprints, and track the status of epics.
- Contribute to documenting best practices that ensure repeatable processes across the project portfolio.
- Collaborate with the Project Management team to analyze project status and ensure that projects are delivered on time and under budget.
- Leverage excellent communication skills and act as a liaison between internal teams (sales, project management, engineering).
- Other activities as assigned.
- 2+ years experience working in relevant software markets and a BA/BS degree. Experience working in Financial Services and Banking Industries is a plus.
- Proven success gathering requirements from clients and setting expectations.
- Experience writing user stories and acceptance criteria, or experience with detailed planning of digital customer experiences and user journeys. Jira skills are not required but are a plus.
- An excellent understanding of how to meet project goals while staying within project budgets.
- Ability to build effective networks both internally and externally and create opportunities for teams to work collaboratively.
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills; an ability to communicate with impact, ensuring complex information is articulated in a meaningful way to wide and varied audiences.
- A track record of constantly looking for ways to do things better and a desire to continually learn.
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, Agile environment that employs Scrum software development methodology.
- Role relevant qualifications are not required but may be a plus (i.e., Six Sigma, ISEB Diploma in Business Analysis, Certified Business Analysis Professional (CBAP)).
- Ability to contribute to an upbeat and fun team vibe.
We work hard to have a good time both in and out of the office. Some of the perks include:
- Catered team lunch every Friday
- Monthly Burger Councils
- Quarterly team-building events (e.g., go-karting, laser tag, skiing, disc golf, indoor skydiving)
- 18 vacation days the first year, 21 vacation days the second year, 25 days after three years
- Work from home and remote work situations considered (all employees currently working remotely due to COVID)
In the past year, Woodridge has won several awards that illustrate our high growth and great company culture.
- An Inc. 5000 Fastest-Growing Company in America
- Colorado Companies to Watch Winner
- COBiz Top Woman-Owned Company
- COBiz Top Software Company Winner
- DBJ Fast 50 Winner
- DBJ Best Places to Work
This is a full-time, salaried position, not an hourly or contract position.
All candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States (no sponsorship available)