Woodridge Software is a team of 50+ developers and designers that build complicated custom mobile and web applications for enterprises across a diverse set of industries including Financial Services, Healthcare, Cybersecurity, Education, Non-Profits, Cleantech, and Government. At Woodridge, you’ll enjoy the variety that comes with working for a consulting firm, the stimulation of working with smart colleagues, and the work/life balance that comes with not working on evenings and weekends. Our employees value the different technologies they get to work with. We are located right off I-70 in Golden.
The Front End Software Engineer will be a core member of the Woodridge development team and will be an important contributor in delivering quality software to our clients (client interaction will be expected).
- Develop functional and appealing web and mobile applications by translating UX wireframes to actual code that will produce the visual elements of the applications
- Provide website maintenance and enhancements
- Create functional demos and prototypes
- Assist back-end developers with coding and troubleshooting
- Create and maintain cascading style sheets (CSS) that are consistent across all browsers and platforms
- Responsible for applying look & feel to websites using scalable responsive techniques.
- Maintain graphic standards and branding throughout a project’s interface
- Stay up-to-date on emerging technologies
- Promote usability and accessibility best practices
The primary qualification is that you are bright and have good front end web development skills. Successful candidates, however, typically have the following:
- 2+ years website development experience including experience with responsive website development and best practices
- Strong knowledge of CSS and semantic HTML. Experience with Sass preferred.
- Photoshop experience and familiarity with Foundation a plus
- Understanding of and experience with Git
- Experience with accessibility, animation, design systems, or style guides is a plus.
- Clean well-commented/documented code with a strong drive to create engaging user experiences
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Understanding of common software project management and development practices
- Ability to help define and meet deadlines; know how long it will take you do x, y, and z
- Bachelors or Masters degree in Web Design, Computer Science, Information Systems, Graphic Design, or equivalent experience
We work hard to have a good time both in and out of the office. Some of the perks include:
- Reimbursement for weekly team lunches held every Friday
- Monthly Burger Councils
- Quarterly team-building event (e.g. go-karting, laser tag, skiing, disc golf, indoor skydiving)
- 18 vacation days the first year, 21 vacation days the second year, 25 after three years
- Reasonable weekly hours target
In the past year, Woodridge has won several awards that illustrate our high growth and great company culture.
- An Inc. 5000 Fastest-Growing Company in America
- Colorado Companies to Watch Winner
- COBiz Top Woman-Owned Company
- COBiz Top Software Company Winner
- DBJ Fast 50 Winner
- DBJ Best Places to Work
This is a full-time, salaried position, not an hourly or contract position.
All candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States (no sponsorship available)