As a Senior Project Manager (PM) at Woodridge Software, you are eager to drive every aspect of project success. You are always looking for ways to contribute as part of the team, and you don’t mind getting your hands dirty. No task is too small, but you also love captaining large project goals and leading the activities of the design, development, and QA teams. You excel at building client relationships and setting stakeholder expectations. Managing (sometimes competing) project scope, timeline, and budget is your bread and butter. After all, you know that your awesome personality and great management skills are the critical ingredients in Woodridge’s success and excellent reputation.
- Drive project budget, scope, and timeline.
- Take on full leadership and responsibility for successful delivery and project outcomes.
- Coordinate large-scale software projects, working with banks, credit unions, and other financial entities.
- Identify potential problems, blockers, and schedule issues. Quickly communicate possible solutions to internal teams and clients and know when to escalate to leadership.
- Balance scope changes with the need to ensure on-time and on-budget delivery of the project.
- Generate client-facing weekly status reports; communicate clearly with all stakeholders about budgets, goals, and project needs/risks.
- Coordinate and lead client meetings and internal scrum-style meetings. Build agendas, track meeting outcomes, and check up on action items.
- Work closely and collaboratively with the design team and engineers; own communication across teams to ensure that all team member goals are aligned and work is prioritized appropriately.
- Be the key player in client satisfaction and a major driving force in the happiness of all our team members!
- Manage project-related data among tools: Jira, Confluence, spreadsheets, and time-tracking software.
- Other tasks as assigned.
Qualifications & Skills
Successful candidates typically have the following:
- Proven experience managing project budgets, scopes, and timelines
- 6+ years experience working in a consulting company delivering professional services projects in the financial space
- Rich experience coordinating and communicating with clients and a proven track record of running projects with high client satisfaction
- Experience in the services industry and the ability to drive client decision-making and habits
- Experience setting stakeholder expectations at the executive level, and solid skills in articulating goals, accomplishments, and challenges as they relate to scope and budget
- Experience running projects with a Scrum/Agile framework
- Strong people, relationship, team management, and facilitation skills
- A proven ability to balance project scope and project deadline to deliver the optimal outcome with an appreciation for the importance of the budget
- Working knowledge and practical application of Jira
- A positive “can-do” attitude and willingness to pitch in anywhere that is needed
- Outstanding communication skills (written, verbal, presentation)
- Ability to know when to work independently
Woodridge Software is a privately held company with a team of 70+ consultants that build complicated custom mobile and web applications for enterprises across a diverse set of industries including Financial Services, Healthcare, Cybersecurity, Education, Non-Profits, Cleantech, and Government. Our goal is to combine the most advanced technology, complex integration services and talented employees to provide the best solution for a client, helping them go live faster, and giving them the freedom to innovate and deliver personalized experiences. We have new offices in the Belmar area (Lakewood, CO) and employees are also allowed to work fully remote.
We work hard to have a good time both in and out of the office. Some of the perks include:
- Fun, flexible and collaborative work environment.
- Weekly lunch stipend
- Monthly Burger Councils and ad hoc get togethers
- Quarterly team-building events
- New and modern office space in Lakewood, CO, with hybrid work options
- Fully paid health, dental, vision and disability for employees AND their dependents.
- 401K company match up to 5%.
- Generous PTO Plan
Woodridge has won several awards that illustrate our high growth and great company culture.
- Inc. 5000 Fastest-Growing Company in America 2019-2022
- DBJ Best Places to Work Winner 5 years in a row
- DBJ Fast 50 Winner
- Colorado Companies to Watch Winner
- COBiz Top Woman-Owned Company
- COBiz Top Software Company Winner
All candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States. (No sponsorships available.)